CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Cole and Walker(and Nicole)!

I babysit for the Thompson family almost every day, because the parents are very busy. They have three kids. Cole and Walker, who are twins and 2 years old. They also just adopted Nicole not too long ago, who is 4 years old. Cole and Walker were born prematurely, and have been affected by many health issues. Walker is considerably healthier than Cole, but has a low immune system. Cole has lung issues, so he had to be trached and vented. The trach and ventilator help him to breath while his lungs become stronger, and we hope to be able to take him off of it before he turns 5. Because Cole is trached and vented I had to take a special course at the trach and vent center, and had to be trained by my mom(who is usually his at-home daytime nurse) so that I could be come a certified caregiver for him. I had to do this before I could babysit because otherwise it would be illegal. :) Nicole is also trached and vented. Cole is so sweet, he loves music and he enjoys laughing at me even when I'm not doing anything funny. Even if I'm just sitting there doing homework,eating yogurt, or whatever he just randomly starts laughing hysterically at me. Walker is a very busy child. He loves to play and run around, but you have to be careful because he sometimes tries to take Cole's trach out of his neck(he actually did once and I had to put it back in!!!). Nicole isn't as active as the twins because she is also disabled(in addition to being trached and vented). I end up singing and dancing for them most of the time, because it calms them down(and they find it funny :P). They like to watch TV,too. Their favorite shows are Veggie Tales and Wheel of Fortune(don't ask me why because, frankly, I really don't know :P). Walker likes to watch AARP and Hillshire Farms commercials. It's really funny! I love them so much, they're the cutest kids ever!

0 comments: